Potsie’s Recommended Sites For Betting on NHL Hockey!
NHL hockey season is here! Hockey is one of the few bright spots to the changing of the seasons into the freezing temps up here in the north. Only 6 months of Winter where I live, and hockey helps to make it better 🙂 The landscape of the online betting world has changed significantly over the past 2 years, year, and even the last 6 months. It is important to stay up to date with what is going on, but if you select a site from those listed below, you should have very little problem (if any) for years to come. These are the exact same sites that I use, and recommend them to my closest friends and family. I am here to help people avoid the pitfalls of the online gambling world. Don’t fall for the pie in the sky bonuses, and all of the flashy junk. When it comes down to it, all that matters is that the site is financially stable, pays you when you win, and pays you when you win…yeah I repeated that on purpose! All of the rest is just trimming.
Some things you must look for in a sports betting site for hockey wagering…
- 3 WAY LINES – These are wagers for the winner during regulation time. This is a bet that does not include OT, if you bet on one team or the other to win and the game goes into overtime…you lose. You have the option of taking team A -0.5 or Team B +0.5 (you win if they tie) or Team B at pickem (lose if there is OT). The 3 way line is essential to profiting with NHL wagering. It allows you to maximize profits without the exposure of puckline (- 1.5) wagering. 3 Way lines pay significantly higher odds than do regular moneyline bets.
- Team Totals – Want to take the “OVER”, but one team has an exceptional goaltender? Then TEAM TOTAL is an excellent option. You can bet on a single team’s total, which is usually 2.5 goals, and against a soft “D” and goalie…this can be easily exploited.
The sites I will recommend are based on the following factors;
- Financial stability of the company & history of timely payments
- Customer service
- Player experience & ease of use
- Betting lines & variety of wagering options
- Security of personal information
BookMaker.eu – A
BookMaker is part of the CRIS family of offshore gaming sites. betCRIS is one of the most financially stable and most respected names in the business. Perhaps it’s because they were the first ever offshore sportsbook, starting out with just telephone service pre-dating the internet! How’s that for a track record? BookMaker has always been one of my favorite books ever since they started, especially for NHL betting!
- High Limits
- .10 lines (dime line) = less juice or ‘vig’
- 3 Way Betting Lines & Team Totals
- Earliest Lines Released
- International Hockey Lines
- Deposits can be a challenge (only minor inconvenience)
- $100 minimum deposit
- Bonuses only kick in on deposits of $300+
5Dimes – A
5 Dimes offers players from North America the best option for low juice wagering across all sports. They are extremely financially stable and cater to US players. Their landing page is a bit outdated, but the wagering interface is the best there is. The screens are clean and allow you to buy and sell points with a drop down menu on the main screen with no extra steps or clicks necessary. 5 Dimes also offers players 3 way wagering options, as well as team totals, which can be exploited at times during the season when a matchup is favorable for one team, but the other has a strong goaltender.
Why 5 Dimes?
- Reduced juice book for North American players
- 3 way lines and team totals for NHL wagering
- Easy deposit options via VISA & eChecks
- At least a %50 free play bonus on deposits of $100+
- Older website (who cares)
- Lower limits